Before You Shop!
We are so lucky that so many people in our community donate uniform to us and so much of it still looks brand new! We have been keeping a collection of shoes, coats and uniform ready to run a half-termly second-hand uniform shop which will be sold for a donation only.
Before you go out and buy brand new uniforms, come and have a look to see if there is anything we can offer in our well-stocked pre-loved uniform shop. Not only might you save a few pounds on clothes children grow out of (or lose!) so quickly, but you will also be playing your part in supporting us to look after our environment by saying no to the growing fast fashion industry.
Did you know?
- Fashion production comprises 10% of total global carbon emissions. It dries up water sources and pollutes rivers and streams, while 85% of all textiles go to dumps each year.
- The fashion industry is the second largest consumer of water
- Textile production contributes more to climate change than international aviation and shipping combined.
- Buying just one white cotton shirt produces the same amount of emissions as driving 35 miles in a car.
- Around 300,000 tonnes of textile waste ends up in household black bins every year, sent to landfill or incinerators. Less than 1% of material used to produce clothing is recycled into new clothing at the end of its life.
- Extending the life of clothes by just 9 months of active use would reduce carbon, water and waste footprints by 20-30% each.
- If the number of times a garment is worn were doubled on average, Greenhouse gas emissions would be 44% lower
If you have any outgrown uniform, coats or shoes which are still in good condition, we would welcome further donations.
A bottle green jumper is compulsory. This can be a jumper with or without the school logo.
A bottle green fleece is an optional item.
A bottle green book bag is a compulsory item. This can be a book bag with or without the school logo.
Our school uniform is made up of a green jumper or fleece, grey trousers, skirt or shorts with a white shirt or polo shirt.
All children must have a PE kit. This should be plain black shorts, a t-shirt in their house colour and a change of footwear e.g. plimsolls, trainers. PE takes place outdoors all year round, it is advisable in the colder months that your child also has tracksuit bottoms.
Please ensure that you label your child's uniform with their name and class name.
Any item listed below can be ordered through our uniform supplier 'Klassy Kids'.
You can order by telephone on 01273 723395
or order via their website: www.klassykidsschoolwear.com
All orders are delivered to the school free of charge. We also hold a uniform shop at regular intervals at the school.
Children are not permitted to wear make-up or false nails.
We would ask you that your child wears no jewellery at all. It can be dangerous when working and easy to lose when removed. Children are only permitted to wear stud earrings and a watch.
Jewellery must not be worn for P.E. If your child is wearing earrings they must remove them or put tape over them. For safety reasons, we are not permitted to remove earrings.
Children with hair longer than shoulder length must wear their hair up.
The school cannot accept responsibility for items from home brought into school.